Planning a wedding is quite a task, especially if you’re going the conventional route. But if you’re a couple who is willing to leave a little wiggle room in terms of the day of your wedding, the possibilities become virtually endless. If you’re currently planning a wedding, here’s why you should consider Thursdays or Sundays as a possible date.
- Your guest list will be smaller. If you’re hesitant about planning a wedding amidst a pandemic or worried about having too many people show up, a weeknight wedding can help. Not many of your guests will be available on a Thursday evening or a Sunday afternoon or evening, especially if they have full-time jobs. Moreover, not every one of your guests will have the freedom to take off during the week to attend your wedding. If you’re planning a wedding for a Thursday or Sunday evening, don’t expect your guest list to be huge. Instead, enjoy the intimacy of a smaller guest list.
- Couples can get married sooner, booking a Thursday or a Sunday. If you want to get married as quickly as possible, an unconventional date can help make that happen. At Jardin Weddings, we offer special “Elegant Wedding” packages on Thursdays and Sundays, which are growing in popularity. Due to COVID-19 postponements, many 2021, and even 2022, prime dates have already been booked. Being flexible with the day of the week you choose to hold your wedding can help ensure that you don’t have to put off your reception for another year or two.
- You’ll have more time to spend with friends and family. For those couples interested in Thursday weddings, that leaves an entire weekend free before your honeymoon to visit with those people. With conventional wedding dates, it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the event. But with a weekday wedding, you leave yourself more time to be with the people you love and soak up every moment of wedding bliss. Additionally, guests from out of town may decide to make a weekend of it and stay in town until Sunday.
- Weddings on Thursdays or Sundays will save you some money. These days of the week aren’t typically reserved for weddings. Depending on your venue, you may be able to negotiate a better price if you book a wedding on a Thursday or Sunday. This is especially true if the venue doesn’t typically host events on those days. Plus, booking a weeknight wedding can help your guests who are traveling from afar save on things like airfare and hotel stays.
- You’re more likely to secure your dream venue and vendors. Most of the time, popular wedding venues and vendors are booked months, if not years, in advance. By inquiring about their Thursday and Sunday availability, you leave yourself more of an opportunity to secure that florist you’ve been eyeing for forever. From caterers to coordinators, Thursday and Sunday dates are more likely to be available.
- Consider why you’re getting married. Ultimately, if this is your second wedding or you’re an older couple renewing your vows, the date might not matter so much. Similarly, if you’re more interested in spending money on a new home or a new baby and less concerned with getting a prime wedding date, a Thursday or Saturday wedding might be the best option. Think about your needs as a couple and what you’re willing to spend on the event, then go from there.
If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s that we are capable of adapting. Although Thursday and Sunday weddings may seem unconventional, they can be more intimate and affordable and still result in you marrying the love of your life.
Are you looking for a dream location to host a Thursday or Sunday wedding on beautiful grounds? Les Jardins Weddings is one of the few locations that offers a couple the ability to think outside the box and create a custom experience with little to no restrictions. Contact us today to learn more!